Official Patron – HRH the Prince of Wales, KG, KT, GCB, OM
At the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art, you can experience Bermuda as seen through the eyes of artists like Winslow Homer, Georgia O’Keeffe, Charles Demuth, Jack Bush and Albert Gleizes among many others. Many of the paintings in the Bermudiana Collection are landscapes of our beautiful island paradise, and others reflect the unique warmth of Bermuda’s people and cultural heritage.
Over the years, new Bermudian and international artists have contributed to the Bermudiana Collection, enabling it to continue to evolve and grow in both traditional and contemporary genres. Our dream for the Collection is to be able to continue to acquire additional works and to create an environment of inspiration to our young, fledgling artists who will become the future
Masterworks’ Mission Statement
Masterworks’ purpose is to enrich the community through art and education by:
- Building and displaying a unique collection of Bermuda inspired art
- Through art, fostering a better understanding of Bermuda’s history and culture
- Offering art education to all, embracing diversity of ability and financial means
- Using the museum to create a stimulating cultural centre for residents and visitors
- Attracting, inspiring and developing artists from home and abroad.
We believe that the Masterworks Collection is a unique celebration of Bermuda’s culture and intrinsic beauty, uniting the community and transforming lives through art and education.
Our vision is to use the Collection to:
- BUILD a diverse and loyal membership
- EMPOWER our employees
- INSPIRE artists
- REWARD our donors
- NURTURE the human spirit today and forever.